Is your period late every month? Are you facing a problem with delayed periods? Why worry? When you have the cure for irregular menstruation in your own kitchen!
For numerous women, menstruation brings about discomfort and even severe distress. Whether it’s irregular cycles, missed periods, or painful menstruation, menstrual issues have become quite common and seem unavoidable. This monthly cycle, marked by discomfort and unease, can often lead to irritability and negatively impact one’s mood.
While modern medicine provides solutions to treat the cause of irregular menstruation, Ayurveda offers natural home remedies for irregular periods that can help balance your menstrual cycle and alleviate common issues. So, let’s explore this guide to learn the irregular periods treatment in Ayurveda!
7 Home Remedies For Irregular Periods
Various contributing factors, ranging from an unregulated lifestyle and unhealthy dietary choices to a lack of exercise and hormonal imbalances, play a role in the occurrence of irregular and painful periods(dysmenorrhea). It is essential to know the cause of irregular menstruation and get the proper treatment for menstrual disorders.
Here are some home remedies for irregular periods suggested by our Ayurvedic doctors in India:
1. Turmeric and Ginger Tea
Turmeric and ginger are powerful and natural home remedies for irregular periods. They are known for their anti-inflammatory properties, which makes them excellent choices for relieving menstrual pain and discomfort.
- How to Prepare Turmeric and Ginger Tea:
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger and a teaspoon of turmeric powder to the boiling water.
- Let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Then, strain the tea and add honey for taste.
- Sip this soothing tea throughout the day.
- Benefits of Turmeric and Ginger Tea:
- Ginger and turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce uterine muscle contractions, which are responsible for menstrual cramps.
- Turmeric, in particular, contains curcumin, a compound with analgesic (pain-relieving) properties.
- This tea also aids in improving overall circulation and reducing inflammation in the body.
2. Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera is widely well-known for its cooling and anti-inflammatory effects, which can provide relief from menstrual discomfort.
- How to Prepare Aloe Vera Juice:
- Mix a tablespoon of pure aloe vera juice (avoid any added sugars or preservatives) with a glass of water.
- Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice:
- Aloe vera’s cooling effect can help soothe abdominal cramps and reduce inflammation in the pelvic area.
- It may also alleviate bloating and discomfort associated with menstruation and works as a period pain treatment.
- Aloe vera is known for its detoxifying properties, which can promote hormonal balance.
3. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are a traditional remedy for regulating hormones and promoting regular menstruation.
- How to Use Fenugreek Seeds:
- Soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water overnight.
- Strain the seeds and drink the water in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds:
- Fenugreek contains compounds that mimic estrogen, helping to balance hormone levels and regulate the menstrual cycle.
- It will work as a medicine to reduce period pain and discomfort by promoting smoother uterine contractions.
4. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds are a rich source of iron and can help combat fatigue and weakness often associated with heavy menstrual bleeding.
- How to Use Sesame Seeds:
- Roast sesame seeds and mix them with a small amount of jaggery to form small balls (laddoos). Consume these during your period.
- Benefits of Sesame Seeds:
- Sesame seeds’ high iron content helps replenish the iron lost during menstruation, preventing anemia and fatigue.
- They provide essential nutrients to boost energy levels and overall vitality.
5. Herbal Supplements
- Benefits: Some herbal supplements like chasteberry (Vitex) and dong quai are believed to help regulate menstrual cycles and ease symptoms of menstrual disorders. You can consult a healthcare provider or herbalist before incorporating herbal supplements into your routine, as they may interact with other medications or conditions.
6. Yoga and Meditation
Regular practice of yoga and meditation can have profound effects on menstrual health.
- Benefits of Yoga and Meditation:
7. Adequate Hydration
Staying well-hydrated is crucial for overall health, and it can also positively impact your menstrual cycle.
- How to Achieve Adequate Hydration:
- plenty of water throughout the day to maintain proper hydration levels. Dehydration can exacerbate menstrual discomfort, so it’s essential to ensure you’re consuming enough fluids.
Irregular periods can stem from a variety of factors, with hormonal imbalances being a common culprit and cause of irregular periods. These above-mentioned lifestyle adjustments and ayurvedic home remedies for irregular periods can help regulate your menstrual cycle without introducing side effects or health concerns. Therefore, in light of this, there is nothing to panic about.
However, it’s crucial to emphasize that consulting with a healthcare professional is essential before attempting any changes to your body. Addressing irregular periods can be achieved with the guidance of an expert gynecologist. You can consider consulting our Ayurvedic doctors at Svasthvida for Ayurvedic treatment for irregular menstruation. When taken under a medical practitioner’s supervision, these measures can go a long way in achieving menstrual regularity and overall well-being.