As the monsoon season rolls in, many of us enjoy the refreshing rains and the relief it brings. The raindrops gently tapping on your windows and colorful umbrellas blooming like flowers are the beauty of the rainy season! It usually feels like a delightful break from the scorching summer, but it can actually be tough on our hair. For some, the monsoon comes with a different concern – Hair Fall.
While we often associate hair problems with harsh winter conditions, it’s crucial to understand that the monsoon season also presents its unique set of challenges. The increased humidity can seriously damage our hair. But worry not! In this comprehensive guide to avoid hair fall in monsoon by Svasthvida, we’ll explore the top monsoon hair care tips to stop hair fall during this rainy season. So say goodbye to frizzy, damaged hair and welcome beautiful hair this monsoon.
10 Best Tips For Hair Fall in Monsoon
Let’s delve deeper into these monsoon hair care tips by our ayurvedic doctors for hair fall to understand why they are important:
1. Keep Your Hair Dry:
- Why: Rainwater often contains pollutants, minerals, and contaminants that can be harmful to your hair. When your hair gets wet in the rain, it can weaken the hair shaft, leading to hair breakage and damage.
- How: Use an umbrella, raincoat, or a hood to shield your hair from direct rain exposure. If your hair does get wet, make sure to rinse it thoroughly with clean water and dry it gently with a soft towel as soon as possible.
2. Regular Shampooing:
- Why: Monsoon humidity can make your scalp greasy, and rainwater can carry dust and pollutants. Frequent shampooing helps in removing excess oil and pollutants and keeping your scalp clean.
- How: Use a mild, herbal shampoo for hair fall that suits your hair type. Avoid using hot water, as it can strip your hair of natural oils, and opt for lukewarm water for a gentle cleanse.
3. Conditioner is Vital:
- Why: The increased humidity during monsoon can cause frizz and make your hair unmanageable. Conditioner helps in maintaining the moisture balance of your hair, making it smoother and less prone to frizz.
- How: Apply conditioner after shampooing, focusing on the ends of your hair. Leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cool water.
4. Avoid Heat Styling:
- Why: Heat styling tools like straighteners and curlers can further dry out your hair during the monsoon, leading to frizz and damage.
- How: Embrace your hair’s natural texture during the monsoon. Allow it to air dry or use minimal heat when styling. If you must use heat, always apply a heat protectant spray first.
5. Manage Your Diet:
- Why: A balanced diet rich in essential nutrients like Vitamin E, Biotin, and Omega-3 fatty acids promotes healthy hair growth and strength.
- How: Include foods like eggs, nuts, seeds, and leafy greens in your diet to avoid hair fall in monsoon. Consider taking dietary supplements if you’re not getting enough of these nutrients through your meals.
6. Stay Hydrated:
- Why: Dehydration can lead to dry and brittle hair. Drinking enough water ensures your hair and scalp remain adequately hydrated.
- How: Aim to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water daily. Herbal teas and fresh fruit juices can also contribute to your daily fluid intake.
7. Regular Trims:
- Why: Regular trims help in removing split ends, which can travel up the hair shaft and cause breakage. It also promotes healthy hair growth.
- How: Visit your hairstylist every 6-8 weeks for a trim to keep your hair looking fresh and free from damaged ends.
8. Hair Masks:
- Why: Hair masks provide deep nourishment to your hair and fight against the effects of humidity and rain. They can help repair and strengthen your hair.
- How: Apply a hair mask once a week. You can use natural ingredients like yogurt, honey, aloe vera, or avocado. Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes before washing it out with a gentle shampoo.
9. Scalp Care:
- Why: A healthy scalp is the foundation of healthy hair. During the monsoon, your scalp can become oily and prone to fungal infections due to the humidity.
- How: Keep your scalp clean by washing it regularly. Consider using an anti-fungal shampoo if you have a history of scalp issues. Avoid scratching your scalp to prevent further damage.
10. Silk Pillowcases:
- Why: Cotton pillowcases can cause friction and hair breakage. Silk pillowcases are smoother and gentler on your hair, reducing the risk of damage.
- How: Invest in silk pillowcases for a smoother surface for your hair to glide on while you sleep. This simple change can make a significant difference in reducing hair breakage.
Monsoon hair care is essential to maintain luscious locks and prevent hair fall during this rainy season. By following these monsoon hair care tips and incorporating them into your routine, you can protect your hair from the adverse effects of humidity and rainwater. With these explanations and ways to avoid hair fall in monsoon, you can effectively care for your hair during the monsoon season, ensuring it remains healthy, manageable, and beautiful.
If you lose 50 to 100 strands normally, it may increase to 200 to 250 during the monsoon. So, it is essential to seek professional assistance if you are facing a continuous hair problem. You can consider consulting our Ayurveda specialists in India at Svasthvida. Our experts will provide you with the best ayurvedic treatment for hair fall at very reasonable prices.