Now, as the world is changing at a faster rate, it will mean that it will be tough for many people to take care of their health. Many health issues are common for males and females, and there are many which are possibly only specific to a man or a woman. There are more hormonal diseases and genital issues which can generally affect the mind of a man or woman. Everyone needs to understand that health should be kept in the backseat in this race of life.
Nowadays, people find themselves in a problematic state because of dealing with substantial health problems, and they keep neglecting it due to the slow symptoms. Women’s diseases are getting a good light on their severity, but what about the issues causing problems in males? They are not just facing it every day, but it is also disruptive to their health.
That is why it is necessary to consider at least it a concern.
Male infertility is one such issue that is becoming very common because of many factors in today’s running world. Male infertility is such a challenging stage of any man’s life, where he feels very drained of confidence even to face the outside world.
What is male infertility?
Male infertility is when it becomes very difficult or almost impossible for a man to initiate the pregnancy of his female partner.
This issue directly stops the chances of starting reproduction with his female partner.
The sex life of an infertile male is awful and disturbing too. It is like a hurdle in being a child’s parent because the male suffers from reduced infertility. An infertile male gets through other major health issues, making him uneasy during intercourse.
What are the causes of male infertility?
First, you need to understand that this is a very complex process. There are many reasons why male infertility can happen. It is not like a disease that starts from a day only, and it takes a long time for this disease to come up in a usable form. There can be a lot of medical and as well as health reasons which generally lead to infertility in males.
There are many causes of male infertility, and we have pointed out some of them for you.
- Varicocele:- This is one such state when a man faces the swelling in the veins, and later on, it causes the draining of the testicles. This condition occurs when the vein’s size is much bigger than the normal one on the testicles. That is why the sperm shape and count get reduced due to overheating.
- Cancerous treatments:- If any male is diagnosed with cancer earlier, and later he gets it treated, then because of the numerous methods of chemotherapy and excessive radiation, it affects the testicles. Also, there are few surgeries to treat cancer that involve the removal of testicles.
- Bad habits:- Yes! No matter how much you ignore it, your unhealthy habits affect the sperm count. If you are an alcoholic, a smoker, or a consumer of heavy drugs, it is more likely that you will get infertility. And adding to that, if you are on any anabolic steroids, infertility can also occur after a while.
- Imbalances of hormones:- This happens to many men. Many hormonal disorders occur in the hypothalamus or many other glands, which seriously lead to infertility in males.
- Diabetes:- Men who have diabetes and take medications can also feel improper sex life because of infertility. Also, it can even be caused by an infection in the genital area.
- Weak sperm:- It means that the condition when the sperm of a man is that weak that it cannot just live enough to fertilize a female’s egg. It is also called Malformed sperm.
- No sperm production:- An issue when there is no sperm production in the male. It is like an inability to produce sperm, and this causes infertility. This condition is called Azoospermia.
- Low-quality sperm Production:- This means that the male reproductive part only produces low and poor-quality sperm.
- Obesity:- If the guy is very much obese or overweight, it can be a reason for infertility.
- Old age:- Men who are at 40 or even older than that are likely to get infertility.
- Family history:- This issue can also be noticed in the family history. If there is any history of infertility in the older men of the family, then the younger generation of males can also suffer from this.
Is infertility a common health issue in males?
Yes! Infertility is a widespread issue in males. Even 4 out of 10 males feel at least a bit of problem in starting the pregnancy with their female partners. If you go with the data of the United States, then more than a million couples have stated that they are dealing with this problem. Infertility is such an issue that creates a fuzz between the happy life of couples, and one out of every seven couples has been noticed by the consultation of their doctors about the disease.
People said that whenever they asked their doctor about the difficulty in conceiving a child, then after the diagnosis, half of the problem was because of the infertility of the male partner.
Myths of male infertility:-
Many myths are linked with infertility in males. Some of them are:-
- People usually think it is not about their family history, but this is not true. It is already proved by scientists that male infertility can occur because of the family history of infertile males.
- One of the major myths is that many people have said that the problem is with women too. That is a very wrong conception because a female is never a reason for infertility in her male partner. Her body has nothing to do with it.
- There is also a myth that you can predict a man’s infertility by looking at his semen. This is just fake information, and one cannot tell about infertility by just seeing the semen. Semen undergoes several lab tests for the examination.
How will it be diagnosed?
The diagnosis of male infertility happens when the male feels its symptoms. The symptoms can be difficulty in sexual intercourse because sperm never reaches the female partner’s egg, and then it never starts the pregnancy.
Lack of self-confidence, depression, anxiety, and a severe feeling of failure is prevalent in an infertile male. This problem makes a person feel so under-confident that a man does not even want to share it with anyone because of shyness. Couples even try to get professional help, but it becomes hard to do so.
We will suggest that you get the help of someone professional and expert in dealing with these issues.
The diagnosis of male infertility is done by doing a physical examination of the patient. Doctors check the physical side of the problem by looking all over the genital to check for deformities. The doctor will try to find the difficulties of your issue to understand the severity of the problem. They will also take samples of your semen. Also, your healthcare expert will even ask you some very personal questions to inquire about your sexual health and experience of sexual intercourse with your partner.
Also, one should tell Everything to the doctor, like your family history and any past injuries if you have gone through.
Testing of infertility in males:-
The semen sample you have submitted in the laboratory goes through many tests to check the status of the sperm. They do a general analysis of the semen sample.
∆ It is done to understand the condition of the sperm in the sample, like how much amount of sperm is ejaculated.
∆ The nature of how basic and acidic it is is also measured through the sample.
∆They also check how much mobility your sperm has.
∆ They also see the color and linearity of the sperm.
Treatment of male infertility:- There are so many developed technologies in the healthcare sector that they can be treated. So much advancement has been done in the services that are now good options available.
Medical treatment:- There are numerous medicines available that are good to treat infertility. But, one should always take these medications after the prescription of any professional doctor. Hormone therapy is also an example used in the treatment to increment the sperm count.
Surgical methods:- Many surgical options are also introduced to treat any deformities. Like intracytoplasmic injections, vasectomy reversal, in vitro fertilization, etc. This will help you to start your own family one day.
Self-care:- Even after consulting a doctor or being on the medications, it is still more up to you. It would be best if you made some changes in your lifestyle for your betterment.
- Stop smoking and consuming alcohol.
- Do not take weed, and even control your consumption of steroids.
- Regular exercise is a must for anybody, and you should work out more to maintain healthy body weight.
If you suffer from infertility for an extended period of time. In that case, you can also consult in Svasthvida Clinic Here, and we treat many diseases with the help of Ayurveda. You can contact us or call us anytime to tell us about your ongoing issue.
Svasthvida Ayurveda Health and Wellness Care Centre in India offers the best treatment and therapies for chronic diseases like cancer, diabetes, infertility, etc. We have a great team of best ayurvedic doctors who have excellent knowledge of herbs and therapies.